The JKD Process
JEET KUNE DO
Online Rank Testing Sign Up
Teaching the art, science, and philosophy of Jeet Kune Do as passed down by Bruce Lee through his first and second generation students.
How It Works
This is where you test for all ranks through the JKD Process. You will be expected to not only be able to perform the movements, but also EXPLAIN in detail from bottom-up (feet to head) what you're doing. Ranking and testing do not have to be done consecutively! This means if you're ready to test for a higher rank, you can! You don't have to work through material or levels you're already proficient at. Please note instructor tests are priced higher, but are discounted for every rank test you complete. Please read below for more details.
Tests are done live through Zoom. Before registering for your test, please email email@example.com to schedule your live testing event and receive any applicable discount code (see pricing below). Tests typically take 2 to 3 hours to complete. After completion of your test, you'll be immediately notified whether you've passed or failed. If you fail a test, you will be allowed one retest free of charge.
***All senior-level tests require submission of 2 rounds (3 minutes each) of sparring against a resistant partner. Submissions can be uploaded as a private or unlisted video on YouTube or Vimeo.
All tests cost $200 as they function as both a live test as well as a private lesson. Instructor tests are priced at $400 (Instructor Apprentice) and $600 (Instructor) IF you have not taken any tests previously. However, the following discounts apply:
1. Any previous tests you've taken will be deducted from the price of the instructor test. For example, if you tested and passed Senior 1st Trainer or any other single rank test, then your Instructor Apprentice test will only be $200. Likewise, if you have tested for any two ranks at $200 each and passed, then your Instructor test will only be $200, Instructor Apprentice would be free. If you've passed three tests previously, there is no charge for Instructor rank testing.
2. For every 6 months of training, you'll also receive a $50 discount on your rank tests unless you qualify for a free test.
3. Lastly, unlike other programs, there are no recurring association fees or dues. Once you're certified, you're certified. There will be opportunities to continue training and growing in the art, but instructor trainings are at no cost.
When you schedule your test, you'll also receive the discount code for purchase.
Because this is an online test, explaining the techniques is critical to ensure you understand how and why to perform certain movements and techniques. You will be expected to know and demonstrate:
1. The mechanics of the techniques from feet to head positions.
2. Applicable footwork
3. Striking surface
4. Target areas
5. Situations in which a technique would be applied
6. Applicable JKD principles
7. How power is generated in the technique
8. Common mistakes
Below are the corresponding curriculum lessons for each level or rank:
1st Rank - Proficiency in the understanding and application of Core Training Curriculum Lessons 1-5.
1st Rank Senior - Proficiency in the above as well as an understanding of and ability to apply Core Training Curriculum Lessons 6-10.
Senior 1st Trainer - Proficiency in the above as well as an understanding of and ability to apply Core Training Curriculum Lessons 11-15. Successful completion of the self-study program I.
2nd Rank - Proficiency in the above as well as an understanding of and ability to apply the Advanced Training Curriculum Lessons 1-5.
2nd Rank Senior - Proficiency in the above as well as an understanding of and ability to apply the Advanced Training Curriculum Lessons 6-10.
Senior 2nd Trainer - Proficiency in the above as well as successful completion of the self-study program II.
Instructor Apprentice - Proficiency in the above as well as successful completion of the self-study program III.
Instructor - Your student(s) proficiency in the understanding and application of the Core Training Curriculum Lessons 1-5. Completion of the self-study program IV.